Monday, November 01, 2010

socks and more socks

Before I get to the knitting... GO GIANTS! (sorry, Nancy. and anyone in Texas)

Okay, so I finished up a pair of socks yesterday. These are Fishbone Gansey socks -- they're a bit higher than what I've made before and it's impossible to see the design in this photo.

This is the actual color of the yarn -- I borrowed this photo from Judy because it didn't seem like something she'd feel too attached to! It's Kypria yarn from Sanguine Gryphon, and the color is "noise and laughter". It's fabulous to knit with -- wool, bamboo and a little nylon, I think, with a tight twist and just a hint of sheen.
This is what the pattern on the leg looks like. The rest of the sock is a 3/1 ribbing.

And, since Judy has been raving about knitting two socks at once I decided to try it again. I got "Knitting Circles Around Socks" on an inter-library loan and cast on immediately:
I did try a technique like this before, but I'm having a little less trouble this time. I still have to stop periodically and unwind everything, but maybe it will get better?

In between, I'm working on some hats and mittens which I'll show later on.

3 comments:

Barbara C said...

What pretty socks! I also have tired socks on circs before, but didn't like it. I'll have to try it again some time. Maybe, like you, I'll have a better experience the second time around.

Sheila said...

Pretty socks. I would go broke if I bought every pattern I liked of Anne Hanson's!

imquilternity said...

Beautiful socks!! And, I commend you for being able to knit two-at-a-time. Just couldn't wrap my head around it. My favorite method is magic loop.